Let's Talk About Your Gutter Needs
No matter what type of gutter system you choose, if you don’t have home gutter guards it will be necessary to clean out your gutters at least twice a year to ensure they remain in proper working condition. In addition to keeping the gutters clear of clogs, gutter cleaning also allows you to identify problem areas before they turn into bigger issues. As you clean, keep an eye out for the following signs that your gutters need to be replaced.
- The gutters are bent, dented or have cracks or holes that can’t be repaired
- The gutters show signs of rust
- The gutters are buckling, sagging or pulling away from the house
- Seamed gutters are starting to come apart at the seams or have become loose
- Water leaks into your basement after a heavy rain
- You notice peeling paint or rust stains around your home
- The wood on the soffit and fascia is rotting
- The landscape underneath the gutters shows signs of erosion
While it’s sometimes possible to perform gutter repairs to reattach gutters that are separating from the house or adjust gutters that are sagging, it’s necessary to completely replace downspouts and gutters that have deteriorated to the point that they’re beyond reasonable repair.